Sunday, October 7, 2012

10.07.12

Ok so DH and I have been talking about wanting a new SUV before the baby gets here next year because I had a Honda Civic and with it being the smallest Honda out there, it wasn't going to cut it with a hubbs and new baby. I had a 2 door sports car with DD when she was in a car seat and I'd rather walk on glass than to do that again. So back on the 3rd, a friend of mine I met about 12ish years ago when I bought my Ford (Car before the Honda..) called me out of the blue the week before. Well, he's a little on the freaky side of life (I used to be a little more crazy and "free" with my days.. ) so I avoided his calls over the years. But.. when I was off a couple of weeks ago, he happened to call and I saw the called ID and recognized the number.. annnnnnnd, I answered the call and bull shit with him for a bit.


So I recalled part of that conversation that he no longer works for "The Man", he now has his own car lot.. wellll... I shot him a text and asked him what he sold. He said used only but has friends at the Honda, Chevy.. AND TOYOTA stores!! I told him my concern about the BS of a salesman and my inability to do "stupid" and that we didn't wanna pay 35K for a vehicle..

He asked if I knew what I wanted so I told him.. Toyota RAV 4 - Limited Edition - V6 - Leather/Moonroof package.But here's the kicker - I want it for the right price. He said he would "find one at the Toyota store tomorrow".

I'll be damned if he didn't have one with my name on it for the price we wanted coming in between the 9th and 15th of this month!  Crazy enough, Thursday night (the 4th) Li didn't have school on Friday the 5th so as we were on our way to drop her of at my uncle's house, we stopped at the Toyota dealer "just to look" lol.. 

Wellll.... we ended up getting rid of this.. 


And coming home with this...


Here's DH keeping the garage emergency string thing (so technical lol) from scratching it.. 


And DD's newest Dino seat belted in safely. lol.. 


Teeheehee.. I'm totally in love with it. :)  I won't be AS MUCH when we have to start making the car payments in November but whatever.. we have the money and I wanted the SUV. ;)

Saturday rolls around and it's downright FREEZING out! Maybe mid to upper 40's? And of course that's the one day that mom scheduled to make good on Liliana's birthday present - to go horse back riding. Of course I couldn't go (she pitched a FIT!!) because what would I do if I fell off the horse and got hurt or the baby got hurt  (eye roll).. She's CRAZY protective of everything she loves.. Which I get but geeze!!  So I went with her and Li and my cousin who actually went on the trail ride, too, so DD wouldn't be alone. 

Here's some pics from that event. :)










And the uber cool soap from the car wash that got all the "back, country road" grime off the brand spankin new SUV! lol.. 


Afterwards, we went to eat and I head on back home. DH and I were supposed to have a date night but honestly speaking, I couldn't hold me head up and neither of us felt like fighting the crowds at the movie theater on a Saturday night. So we went this morning.. plus it was half price. That made us happier. ;)

Here's two pics I took on our way out the door.. looks like everything is growing! YIKES!!



Afterwards, we ran a couple errands, one being to get dog food. Did you know that dog food runs you $300 at Walmart!?!?!?!  I'm never going with him again! LOL!! We ended up getting new floor mats (to go over the Toyota RAV 4 ones), dual 9" DVD players for Liliana (and the new baby one day) and the charcoal grill he wanted was on clearance so we picked it up. I told him we were officially broke and had to go home! lol.. 

We ran by my uncle's house a little bit later tonight and picked up my baby girl and came on back home right about her bedtime. Now that she's snuggled up under the covers, I do believe it's going to be my time to get one more load of laundry movin and get my happy self to bed, too. 

Until next time! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment