Sunday, December 9, 2012

12.09.12

This past week was somewhat eventful.. DH and I got into it again. I love that man but he's a jerk. lol.. And he laughs at it cuz he knows how true it is. I'm shocked he doesn't introduce himself as Mr. Ahole. ;)  None the less, we're still working on getting communication methods in place.. learning more about each other and how to mesh our completely different lifestyles together to make a kick ass family. But we're getting there!

I will say that when this even went down last Sunday, he went downstairs and only emerged back to our bedroom to sleep on Thursday night.. but those nights (Sunday - Wednesday) were some of the most awesome nights of sleep I've had. (snicker).. Would it be wrong to ask him to sleep back downstairs for the rest of my pregnancy? lol.. Speaking of which..

So tomorrow is the big day! We have our 20 week appointment which *should* give us a peek into what our little sugar is going to be. :)  I've been asking baby for weeks now.. "What are you? Hmm? Mommy and Daddy and sissy can't wait to find out what you are!"

Movement has become a daily event now.. even though if I want to feel movement, I have to stop what I'm doing and concentrate.. it's not a hefty kick or a swift jab yet. But I'm sure those days are coming. ;)

We worked on getting Christmas stuff up throughout the week - THAT was fun! lol.. As well as actually putting lights up on the house. :)  I started out with a MASSIVE almost 9 ft Santa but that got veto'ed immediately. In the haste of getting pics of it, I noticed we had a ginormous turtle chillin on our driveway!!  We have a pond at the beginning of our subdivision that they have been working a while on expanding.. guess the poor guy used to live in it and had no where to go. :(  Li and I - with the help out a neighbor - got him into a laundry basket and drove him up the road to the next subdivision that had a pond and let him go there. He didn't wanna go to save his life but the moment I pushed him to the edge of the water, he was scrambling his reptilian claws through the mud to get to the wetness.. and it was all over from there. He was a happy camper. :)

Wednesday was Spirit Day at Li's school.. and they had their skating party - which was a blast. By that point, DH had started coming out of his asshole-esque ways and actually showed up at the skating rink. Li and I had a blast with playing some games and turning in the almost 300 tickets for some air guitar thing. Glad I only put $5.00 into the games. It was worth MAYBE 3 cents. ha!

Yesterday was my third trip to Target.. almost $350 bucks later we have groceries and house lights.. lol.. I'd never been able to put lights up before so it was kinda a big deal to me. He had his little helper so that was cool..

We had some friends over last night for dinner and has some pretty cool conversation about life as a couple.. making things work.. and working on how to bring our independent lives, likes and dislikes together to make a happy family. Between talking with her and another friend in TN, I don't think I would have made it through this past week very easily.  Not that it was easy but they helped me see some things that I didn't know how to see.. I've never been married.. never even entertained marriage with someone so to meet, engage, marry, buy a house and now be pregnant all within about a year and a half?  It's pretty overwhelming for me.. as it would be for ANYONE.

Here's some pics of our life this past week. :)

The Spirit Day skating night..






The saving of the gigantor turtle! (Including the pic of the Santa that started it all.. lol.. )








The making of Christmas.. 















And one of my two little geeks. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment